Paro College Library System is powered by KOHA which is a full-featured open-source ILS.
All students, academic and administrative staff of the College are members of the library.
Teacher trainees are kindly requested to show their student ID while using library services.
Borrowing Access and Loan Periods
- The library collections are available to all individuals for use.
- All faculty, staff and students are eligible for privileges to borrow from PCE library.
- 5 items per student for 2 weeks.
- 10 items per lecturers & 5 items per staff for two & one month respectively.
- 5 items per DE students and 10 items per M.Ed students for 2 weeks respectively.
- A user cannot take any library item in the name of others.
- Same book will not be loaned out in one person.
- Some items which are high in demand are categorized as Short-Terms Loans & are therefore, loaned out for 3 days.
- Students (DE & M.Ed as well) will be charged Nu.5 per day for overdue materials.
- Lecturers/staff will be charged Nu.10 per day for overdue materials.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if regular circulating materials are kept for 30 days or more beyond their due date, or if a recalled item is five days overdue and if there is a fine of more than Nu.100. . Privileges will be restored only after the items have been returned.
Lost or Damaged Items
- Any person who shall willfully, maliciously, deface, tear, write upon, ruin, or injure any library materials or facilities may be subjected to loss of library privileges and appropriate administrative action.
- Lost library items must be reported immediately.
- Replace the book or pay the purchased price plus a processing fee of Nu.50.
Holds & Recalls
- All borrowers are guaranteed the use of library books depending on the loan periods assigned unless a rush recall is placed to put the book on reserve.
- If an item is loaned out, library staff will put a recall on the item and must be submitted on the new due date. The patrons will receive a recall notice.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if a recalled item is not returned by the new recall due date and fines will be levied accordingly.
- An item can be placed on hold by consulting the library staff.
Returns & Renewals
- Materials checked out must be returned to the library staff.
- Library items can be renewed online.
- Renewal polices vary depending on the type of material and users.
- Monday to Friday : 8:00 PM to 7:00 AM
- Saturday to Sunday : 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Government Holidays : Closed