Notification (Re-opening of College for 2021 Spring Semester)
Considering the improvement in situation of the pandemic nationwide and the declaration by Government to reopen schools and institutions around the country from the first week of February, 2021, Paro College of Education is pleased to announce that the college will reopen for students at all levels to begin with face to face teaching as detailed below.
- Regular classes for all programmes and levels will begin from 16th February, 2021, except for new M Ed (full-time) which will begin from 1st March, 2021. Therefore, students should report to the college accordingly.
- Owing to acute shortage of hostels, only first year and second year B.Ed and Diploma students can be accommodated in the hostels. The rest will have to arrange their own accommodations. Therefore, the first year and second year B.Ed and Diploma students should report to the hostels on 14th February, 2021.
- The registration and orientation, including the issuance of student numbers for new M.Ed students will be done online by the respective programme leaders with the support of ICT Unit and Deans. The regular classes will begin from 1st March, 2021.
- The orientation for third year B Ed students who are scheduled to go for teaching practice (TP) will be carried out online before sending them to their designated TP schools. However, the second year DPESC students should report to the college.
- All students are required to make necessary travel arrangements, follow SOPs and COVID-19 protocols regarding the inter-district movements and report to college on the dates mentioned above.
- Students are advised to bring enough hand sanitizers and facemasks with them when they report to the college, and wearing facemasks is mandatory at all times.